School Friendly Dips
- This healthy cookie dough dip is nut-free and low sugar! What?! I would seriously eat nothing but this forever if I could.
- My kids love hummus. This 5 minute hummus dip is super simple to make (and you can just skip the tahini if you don't have it).
- This 4 ingredient vegan Nutella might make it into my kids' lunch boxes sometimes as a treat.
- Swap almond butter for peanut butter to make this nut butter caramel dip school friendly.
Kid Approved Sandwiches & Wraps
- Shredded apple + shredded cheddar in a wrap = happy kids.
- Hummus + cucumber in a wrap.
- Chicken and cheese grilled in a quesadilla.
- Almond butter (or alternative) + bananas in a wrap.
- Strawberries + almond butter (or alternative) in a wrap.
- Ham (or turkey) + cheese wrap is a healthier alternative to the lunchable.
- My kids love hummus + pita or hummus + chips.
- We will be making a whole ton of these (freezable!) pikelets (like pancakes) for our lunch boxes for sure. Send with cream cheese, jam, or almond butter.
- My kids are big fans of rice, so these sushi balls are genius.
- Greek yogurt is a great source of protein for kids who aren't big fans of meat (like mine).
Homemade Protein Bars
I don't know about you, but I have a tough time getting protein that's not peanut butter into my kids. So we tend to eat A LOT of protein bars.
The kids think they're treats. They're actually full of vitamins and minerals.
- This protein bar recipe using peanut butter (substitute almond or sunflower to make it school friendly) and Rice Crispies. Super easy and secretly healthy.
- Make a batch of this secretly healthy protein fudge and the kids'll think you're giving them desert for lunch.
- Healthy chocolate chip energy bites will fool any kid.
- These crispy chocolate chip energy balls also look just like cookies.
Secretly Healthy Desserts
- We LOVE these black bean brownies in our house. The kids and the husband have no idea that they're healthy.
- Get some hidden veggies into your kids with zucchini brownies. Sweetened with maple syrup instead of refined sugar.
- Dairy free and gluten free chocolate chip cookies are a hit with the kids and with mommy.
Fun Kid Snacks
- These Halloween spider crackers are cute and much healthier than the processed-sugar candy that they get trick or treating.
- Pear and cream cheese graham cracker sandwiches from Martha Stewart are easy & fairly healthy.
- These 2 ingredient muesli bars are super easy to make.
- Race cars made out of apples and grapes. Kid win!
- Baked sweet potato chips are going in their lunch boxes AND mine.
- My kids usually eat veggies when they're crunchy. So these roasted green peas are make a great kid snack.
- These healthy rice crispy treats (with banana and almond butter) are kind of amazing.
- Power up your popcorn with nutritional yeast (adds B vitamins and other good things).
- Roast some chickpeas for 20-30 mins with some olive oil + salt.