I made a double batch of these gluten free zucchini muffins the other day because we had about 7 little zucchinis lying around, waiting to be eaten.
I can tell you, these are super yummy! And I added some extra high powered ingredients (antioxidant powder, raw vegan protein powder, and cacao nibs) to make them super healthy.
- 2 cups brown rice flour blend (1 cup brown rice flour, 2/3 cup potato starch, 1/3 cup tapioca starch)
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt (we use Himalayan pink sea salt for added micronutrients)
- 2 eggs (or substitute 5 tsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water to make it vegan)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or honey (we found some sustainably harvested local honey)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- chocolate chips (70% cocoa is best)
- cacao nibs
- Miessence antioxidant powder (like supercharged cocoa powder)
- raw, vegan protein powder
- Mix all your dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Blend all your wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Gently fold in shredded zucchini and any chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
- Spoon into muffin tins (or small loaf pans).
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes.
I added protein powder in these so that they would count as healthy snacks for my kids, who probably don't get enough protein. (They eat sooo many fruits and vegetables though! That's a mommy win.)
I also added some antioxidant powder and cacao nibs to give an extra nutrition boost for all of us. (The right antioxidants can help everything from cognition to cardiovascular health.)